Friday, June 28, 2013

David beckham traded to paris saint-germain

David beckham traded to paris saint-germain, David Beckham has revealed he will donate all the wages from his five-month contract with Paris Saint-Germain to charity. The former England captain, 37, completed his move to the Qatari-owned club after passing a medical in Paris on Thursday morning.

Beckham, who had been a free agent since leaving Los Angeles Galaxy just before Christmas, said: "We've decided on something that's quite unique. I won't receive any salary: we've decided my salary will go towards a local children's charity in Paris and that's one of the things we're very excited and proud to do.

"It's something I'm not sure has been done before but I'm passionate about children and the charity, so we came together and it's something special."

Beckham, who confirmed his wife and children would stay in London, said he felt "very lucky" to have received a host of offers, including that from PSG.

"I'm 37 years old and was offered a lot of offers, more now than I've had in my career, and at my age. I'm honoured by that. I chose Paris because I can see what the club are trying to do, I can see the players the club are bringing in.

"It's an exciting city and always has been but now there' s a club that will have a lot of success over the next 10, 15 and 20 years. I'm not saying I'll be playing in 10, 15 or 20 years but to be part of something that's growing is very exciting to me. I'm very honoured to be part of this."

Beckham added that he had never considered a move to a Premier League club. "I've been successful with Manchester United and have always said I would never want to play for another English club. I've a lot of history with Manchester United, the team I support and dreamed of playing for. Unless it was Manchester United, I wouldn't want to play for any other Premier League team."

Asked what he would bring to the PSG side, Beckham said: "I have a lot of experience, I'm 37 years old, I've won over 13 or 14 championships in my career, played for some of the biggest clubs and with some of the best players in the world.

"I'm still fit, I can still play like I did when I was 21. I've not lost any of my pace because I didn't have any pace. And the lure of being part of one of the biggest European clubs at the moment, with one of the best managers … I was lucky to work with Carlo Ancelotti and [sporting director] Leonardo in Milan and I said it at the time: Carlo is one of the best managers I played for. It's exciting on another level."

Despite the contract being for only five months, Beckham said he expected to be involved with the club beyond the end of his playing career.

"I don't see that it's a short-term contract. It might be a short-term project for me playing but there's a lot happening at this club with these owners. I might have only signed until the end of the season but I consider myself to be part of the future of this club – in helping this club to grow and the French league to grow and to help this club become one of the biggest powerhouses in football."

The France coach, Didier Deschamps, said Beckham's arrival would provide a welcome boost for the profile of Ligue 1. "He's a personality who goes beyond football, like Zlatan Ibrahimovic maybe. They are players who beyond our frontiers give an important visibility to Ligue 1.

"But I won't judge it on a sporting perspective. I'm not the coach, general manager or owner of Paris Saint-Germain. They've made their choice with David Beckham. He's a world football personality."
thumbnail
Title: David beckham traded to paris saint-germain
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Post by

Related articles :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2016. About - Sitemap - Contact - Privacy